Spinach and Tomato Frittata
The wonderful frittata is a simple Italian meal, the main ingredients are eggs and you can use a wide variety of ingredients to fill the omelet. Depending on how you make it, the taste is similar to eating a quiche without the pastry, it’s great!
- • 6eggs
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 1 small onion
- • 5 medium mushrooms, sliced
- • 2 cups baby spinach
- • 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- • Sea salt, to taste
- • Pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl crack six eggs and beat well. Add salt and pepper.
- Place a large non stick frying pan over medium-low heat and add olive oil.
- Add chopped onions and mushrooms to pan. Stir and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and brown.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, parsley, a little more salt and pepper. Stir everything together well, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour raw egg mixture over vegetables, shake the frying pan gently to make sure the eggs are covering all vegetables. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the frittata is set around the edges.
- Place frying pan under grill and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the top is entirely set.
- Slice into wedges and serve salad.