Spicy Lamb Meatballs with Spinach and Tomato Salad
Lamb is a great meat. Unfortunately home cooks tend to shy away from it. Yes It may seem a little intimidating but lamb is easy to cook when you have a great recipe to follow. It is a nice lean meat that can be quite flavorful. When just starting to cook lamb the first thing you should make are spicy lamb meatballs with spinach and tomato salad.
- • 500g minced lamb
- • 1 medium onion, peeled and diced finely
- • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- • 1 teaspoon oregano
- • 1 teaspoon paprika
- • 1 teaspoon cumin
- • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- • 1 teaspoon allspice
- • 1 large egg
- • Sea salt, to taste
- • Pepper, to taste
- • 2 Handfuls baby spinach
- • 6 large tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180oC, 350oF, gas 4.
- To make the meatballs, mix together all of the meatball ingredients In a large bowl.
- Using your hands, knead the meat mixture then roll into small balls.
- Coat baking dish with olive oil, place meatballs in the dish and lightly drizzle with oil.
- Place in the hot oven for about 30-45 minutes, turn meatballs on opposite side after 15 minutes. Bake until cooked and golden brown on the outside.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- When the meatballs are cooked, simply add a few handfuls of baby spinach and tomatoes onto each plate. Top with meatballs and serve.