Orange and Avocado Salad
To add flavor to a plain green salad, revitalize it with juicy blood oranges, walnuts and avocados. Delicious avocados add great taste, color and a nice creamy texture to ordinary salads, they’re not just for guacamole. This dish is fresh and easy to make.
- • 10 romaine lettuce leaves
- • 1 ripe Hass avocado, halved and pitted
- • 2 large Blood oranges
- • 5 whole walnuts
- • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- • 2 tablespoon orange juice
- • Sea salt, to taste
- • Paprika, to taste
- Rinse lettuce leaves pat dry and arrange on a dinner plate.
- Slice the avocado into thin wedges and scoop out the pieces. Set aside.
- Remove the peel and membrane from two large Blood oranges. Separate the pieces of orange pulp and try keeping the shape.
- Place the pieces of orange pulp and avocado in equal sections on the lettuce leaves, then scatter a few walnuts on top.
- Drizzle the salad with fresh lemon and orange juice, add a sprinkle of salt and paprika to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!