Chicken Kebabs Chicken kebabs are so simple yet so flavorful and are always a treat to eat. Chicken kebabs have juicy marinated meat, vegetables with great char and it is all on a skewer! What can get better than that? One of the best kebab recipes is the chicken, pepper, onion kebab on wooden skewers variation. The bell peppers add bite along with color and the onions add a subtle sweetness.
- • 5-6 wooden skewers
- • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (It’s okay to eat Greek yogurt on the Paleo diet.)
- • 1 tablespoon mustard
- • 2 teaspoons paprika
- • 2-3 teaspoons sea salt
- • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- • 3 garlic cloves, minced
- • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- • 1 large onion, peeled and cut into cubes
- • 1 large red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- • 1 large green bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- • 2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into bite-size cubes
- Anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours before you begin, soak your wooden skewers in a bowl or pot of cold water. Make sure that they are fully submerged. Wooden skewers are great to use for kebabs but they can burn. Soaking prevents this problem as well as splintering. Once the skewers have been taken care of gather your ingredients.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces along with bell peppers and onion.
- Make the marinade by adding yogurt, mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, minced garlic and lemon juice into a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Assemble your kebabs by taking a soaked wooden skewer and placing one piece of chicken followed by a piece of red bell pepper and onion, another piece of chicken, green bell pepper and onion. Continue until kebab is complete (make sure there is some space in between for proper grilling).
- Place kebabs on a large flat tray or baking dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken skewers, refrigerate for about 1-2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, and cook for about 5-8 minutes on each side until chicken is golden brown and cooked. Watch and turn often.
- Remove kebabs from grill, place onto a platter and serve.